Some pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

A Round Tuit 142

 I couldn't resist posting a picture of this plant we have growing in our front garden just now.
I don't know it's proper name - but they are very spiky and grow rather large then shoot up this amazing long spike - about 10ft tall!
Pretty cool eh?
Do you have any unusual and impressive plants or flowers in your garden? Leave a link in the comments if you have any pictures to share - I'd love to see!

OK - best get to this week's party now....


Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
 
 
 
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
 
First of all, this brilliant upcycled Kindle cover from Danya Banya:
You know I love a good upcycle - especially one that uses jeans!
Danya has heaps of fun ideas on her blog - so do go and say hello:
http://www.danyabanya.com/

Next, I love this fun and super simple idea from The Pin Junkie:
Now for all of you out there who are addicted to Pinterest (me too) - this blog is fabulous for inspiring you to DO not just PIN!!
Go take a look:
http://thepinjunkie.blogspot.com.au/

Finally, this cute Hobo bag from Crystelle Boutique:
Just gorgeous! And you can download the free sewing pattern from her blog!
So go on - take a look for yourself!:
http://www.crystelleboutique.com/

For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button from my buttons page.
----------------------------------------------------------
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on facebook during the week, and also on this post next week.

25 comments:

  1. Glad your are hosting. Love a-round-tuit. Have a great week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting! My guess is that it is some type of Century Plant. We have them in central texas and they grow up to 30 feet.
    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That plant is amazing. Your garden looks great. Thanks for hosting and have an enjoyable week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting Jill, that's one tall plant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That plant is amazing! I have weeds, lots and lots of weeds!
    Thanks for hosting!

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for hosting! Love your amazing plant! Have a wonderful week. :)

    XO
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always fun to come over and link up at your parties!

    Thanks for hosting again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a nice weekend. Thanks for the party. I'm hosting my Homemaking Linkup Weekend and would love to have you join, if you haven't already!

    Blessings,
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for featuring my stress relief bubble wrap! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perhaps it's a variegated agave, Jill. Thanks for hosting...

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for hosting (love the bubble wrap feature!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jill, look at very beautiful trees here http://lovecraft2012.blogspot.pt/2012/11/passeio-de-domingo-sunday-walk.html
    Thanks for the great party!!!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you like my Kindle Cover - chuffed to the max! Thanks for featuring it. :)

    xx
    Danya

    PS: Is it a gymea lily?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my little tree in the front yard. I don't know what kind it is, but the blooms are lovely! http://accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/2013/02/first-glimpse-at-spring.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a yucca! We had them in our yard when I was growing up in California. Right now, here in Kansas, there's *nothing* growing. It's all buried under the snow!

    If you haven't already, btw, I'd love if you'd come join my How To Tuesday link party, too.
    http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-9/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful blog you have! Thank you for hosting!
    Have a great day!
    Joye & Myrna
    The Busy Bee's

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for this fab party!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. AND.....
    Thank you so much for the post! what a great surprise for me and my hobo bag!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks everyone!! I've been looking up pictures of the named plants everyone has mentioned and it seems that my spiky plant is a Yukka, and a Century Plant and a Variegated Agave! Who would have thought it would have so many names!! Thanks for your help everyone - and for the links - so nice to see your pretty flower and plant pictures too!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's a Yucca!

    A century plant is an Agave, and it only gets one spike and then it dies (legend is it happens every 100 years, but they actually don't live that long).

    Yuccas get a tall spike that grows almost overnight, and it happens at this time every year.

    HTH!
    Renee in AZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! Yep - these only get one spike then they die, so I guess a Century plant it is! :)

      Delete
  21. Thanks for hosting!
    I added my table topper.
    See that picture of your garden gives me a little envious, winter is here and all you see is white, white and white, is now snowing outside, I hope that winter will end soon, to see the plants in my garden!
    Have a nice week !!
    Marisa from
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

I love when people take the time to leave me a comment, and I do read them all and try to reply them. Do make sure you've checked 'show my email' in your profile (on your dashboard) so your email will show up for me to reply to! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails